PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some basic job stats............
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:49
Upslope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the luck in the world for following your dream......... but hand on heart, I seriously wouldn't want to be a newbie now.
Even two or three years ago, when things were booming, it was difficult getting that first start. Now in the current situation which according to all sources is just the tip of the iceberg, it will be almost impossible.
In my company, we get inundated every week with CV's and the only ones getting looked at are upwards of 2500TT and type rated. We are not even taking recommendations from existing staff anymore for anyone with less then the above.We could tile the entire hangar with CV's from 200hr guys and girls and we're not even recruiting and won't be for a long time to come.What you have to remember is that there is a huge pool of experienced and probably type rated people available at the moment.

I'm not telling people to give up the dream, just sit on it for a while. IMHO there will be little or no chance of recovering the massive layout for at least five years.

Sorry to be the prophet of doom, but thats how it is airside at the moment. We're all worried about our jobs.