PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £190K
Thread: £190K
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 11:33
Ken Scott

Received 146 Likes on 28 Posts
I have to say that I'm not entirely sure why she needs such a payout. Now that the degree of harrassment that she suffered is in the open the way should be open for her to resume her career. She is, I believe, in the final year of her engagement, but if she stayed I am sure she could enjoy meteoric promotion, who would mark her down now? Does she really need to be compensated for loss of earnings & pension when she could have those things?

Unless of course the mental scars of being pestered for sex are so deep that she's traumatised beyond ever working again, in which case she fully deserves all £190K of the defence budget/ taxpayers cash.

Sadly our nation seems to be slipping ever deeper into a 'victim society' where everything is someone else's fault and every situation can be milked for compensation. I know that the awards are not strictly comparable but the value placed on an RSI typing injury or mental scars from sexual harrassment seems to be much higher than that for being maimed on active duty.

Oh no, I think I've just injured my thumb on the spacebar.....anyone know the number of a good lawyer?