PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay Away From Cabair Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 07:37
jamie230985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waste of space

I have to say when I read this thread I was pretty shocked, such a damming report from a school that did me such good.

I spent a good 6 months there doing my ATPL theory a little while ago and have used CabAir for every part of my training from 0 hours right through. CabAir (just like every FTO) has its problems, instructors come and go, its the nature of the job i'm afraid.

One of the biggest areas that I feel you outlined was about lack of scheduals. Surely you must realise you are training to be a "Commercial Pilot" hense you need to start taking ownership of your training. What will you do if your working for Ryanair and your fuel isn't there on time? You'd obviously talk to whoever you needed to to sort the problem out.

Ultimately you failed something with CabAir and have now decided it is their fault and not your own. One thing I have leart from my training is that there are no perfect pilots just like there are no perfect FTO's but if you sit there and bad mouth places on PPRuNe then it shows a lot about your attitude to flying in general.

My advice to you would be to look into the statistics. Your claim that NOBODY passes first time with CabAir is ridiculous. CabAir owns the most successful CPL programme in the UK based at Wycombe which achieves 90% plus first series passes and 100% second series passes. I know because I did the research and I passed with CabAir FIRST TIME!!!

If you treat the staff at Bournemouth with respect and if they see you are dedicated and hard working they will do their best for you, FACT!!!!