PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Training Partnership (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2008, 20:58
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I confident that I'll get a job once it picks up?
Very confident.
Do you honestly think that with 150 hours trained by Easyjet that you will be marketable against the many pilots out there with many thousands of hours? Easyjet were approached by this outfit to provide a service. The service was to train you up to a standard to pass a line check (presumably) or at the least to fly 150hrs alongside you and make sure that you were of a standard not to endanger the revenue flight. I guess whether you passed a check or not was irrelevant since there was no job at the end. No more no less. Easyjet didn't offer you a job afterwards - period.

Even during the hey day of the boom BA still required 500hrs on type unless you were one of the lucky few that came through the integrated ranks.

If your not careful you will end up being one of the many journeymen out there trawling the world in search of your hours. A few hours for free here and there or a short term contract here and there to get a few bob. Seniority and terms and conditions will be things that you can only dream of. Good luck.