PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Marshal Uses Gun to Subdue "Noncompliant" Pax
Old 13th Nov 2001, 12:37
LimaNovember

Capt Sensible, I agree. I had to go back and read the opening post on this thread over again. It is hard to judge what actually happend onboard that flight from what I`m reading, but it gives me a sneaky feeling that we are experiencing some sort of a Hollywood style of approach to a serious problem. And as a cockpit professional, I think this is something we do not need. Not at all. I would love to know more about the selection process of air marshals. International aviation is a professional environment. Flight crews are all well aware of that. We are trained,tested and screened several times a year to make sure that the quality is up to a professional level. We need to know that everyone involved in despatching a flight is a professional; the engineers, the guy from the fueling company, the cleaners, the loaders and... the air marshal. An aircraft at 35000 ft. is no place for "trigger happy" people. Came to think of it; what is the legal side to this. Can a captain refuse to carry an air marshal? I`m just asking.