PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of JAA PPL's in the U.S. A ???
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2002, 09:58
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW,

You still miss the point...

What is unfair is for a country outside of out trading agreements to come in and poach our customers whilst denying us the right to relocate there.
It is not the yanks that 'poach' us, but the high costs involved over here that 'drive' us away......do you really believe the yanks could give two hoots about training JAA students? Most JAA schools in the US were started by Brits who saw an emerging market, and capitalized on it. The FAA CFIs couldn't give a toss whether they train JAA students or FAA students. But Equally, what about the British instructors working in the US training FAA pilots because they have an FAA CFI rating? It may only be for two years, but I'd say the number of Brits in the US training US students for the FAA raings is higher than the number of US CFIs training Brits. Indeed, all my IR training was carried out with a British instructor with FAA CFII rating.

Its the whole attitude of GA in this country which has caused this problem....money money moeny. If you want IMC training you pay more, if you want instrument training you pay more again, if you want to shoot an approach, you pay for it, if you want to fly from A to B you have to pay your landing fees, if you want to park over night, you pay more again. I recently flew to Palomar airport in CA, and parked over night, do you know what it cost....? $3.00. Now thats what I call a fair price.

Cheers
EA