PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £190K
Thread: £190K
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2008, 18:55
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
"This is as severe a case of victimisation following an allegation of sexual harassment as one could see in an employment tribunal.

"The claimant was subjected to a sustained campaign of victimisation over a lengthy period.

"The victimisation extended to imposition of disciplinary sanctions, impinging the claimants mental stability and obstructing her transfer to a more suitable posting."

The MoD has been ordered to pay £30,000 in respect of "injury to feelings", £20,000 for "aggravated damages" and £50,000 for "exemplary damages".
A further £65,558 was ordered to be paid in respect of lost earning and pension entitlement.

I have no understanding of what kind of 'injury to feelings' would warrant a £30,000 payout. On a personal basis I have little sympathy for deviants and perverts who think that their 'abomination' is compatible with military service, but since HMG has decided that gays are welcome in the Forces, then I'd recognise that (however much I might disapprove) they must be accorded protection against bullying, harrassment and victimisation.

The villain of this piece is the pratt who could not keep his distaste for this woman to himself, and instead bullied her to a degree that attracted this kind of extreme penalty, and those in the chain of command who failed to address or prevent it.