PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2008, 18:44
cosmiccomet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hello to everyone. I usually post in Freighter Dogs, South Asia and Spanish forums.
But some friends from Zona Militar forum told me about a post about Malvinas/Falklans war, so here I am.
I am an Argentine Freighter Dog. I am actually flying B744 SIC for CAL based in Taipei.

In the ZM forum we are wondering if the Sea Harrier has photocamera.
We have some shots from Dagger struffing runs over the UK's ships.

It would be very interesting to have some pictures from the SH combats over our airplanes.
As far as I remembered, the SH shot down using the DEFA 30mm cannon an A4Q Skyhawk on the 21st.
That day, three Argentine Navy A4Q were attacking the HMS Ardent and after hitting the ship, those were intercepted and shotted down by a SH CAP.
The first shot down was the A4Q leader, CN Phillipi, who was shotted down with a AIM9L. He could eyect and he survived the war.
The second one was TF Marquez, but in this case, the SH used the DEFA 30mm cannon. He couldn't eyect.

The last one, TN Arca, could scape badly damage from another DEFA attack but after reaching the Pto Argentino/Pt. Stanley, he couldn't lower the landing gear and according with the Argentine Procedures, he has to eyect from the A4.
The eyection was over the sea, and he was recovered by an UH1-H operated by the Argentine Army.

Another DEFA kill were the IA58 Pucara flown by the My Tomba and many Argentine Army helicopters.

Thanks for any information, specially if somebody can get those pictures.

I would like to state from the biginning that I don't have any hard feelings against the UK people. I hope the same attitude from the other side.

Cheers from Anchorage/Alaska