PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN Blue pilot tests positive for traces of explosives
Old 26th Nov 2008, 13:22
ad-astra

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cloud Cutter

Quote "It's the ignorance of some security staff that pisses me off. I took a picture of the crash axe on my cell phone one day - the security staff in transit at BNE didn't know what to make of it when I told them this resided within arms length of my seat. After a while I gave up, and pretended to listen to another lecture on why my ring-binder was so deadly." Unquote

How on earth do you think you will encourage anything but contempt from the security personnel and the general public with this sort of in your face attitude?

I'm sorry but sometimes we are our own worst enemy. Even I cringe at this behaviour.

So you think that your cell phone picture was going to all of a sudden snap the front line personnel into thinking " this is all a bit silly - "I'm going to let all pilots through without any scrutiny" and "stuff the training and protocols that I have been (legally) employed to uphold".

Ok I am the first to grit my teeth and growl at the stupidity of the security measures in place in Australia but I WILL NOT take it out on the poor sods that have to put up with this childish behavior.

You do neither me nor my profession a favor.

Your attitude and behaviour is of more concern to me than the the lunatics in charge of my security (not the poor sods on the wrong end of your your childishness)

Go to your Union, your local member, your company security rep, your local radio station, your AA buddy ........but please stop the inane attacks on the security people that treat ME with disgust as a result of having met YOU!