PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What has changed in the last 20 years?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2008, 12:45
tigermagicjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I do not believe in the psychometric and aptitude testing, I did few of those in the army 20 years ago, and basicly unless you are an complete idiot, they are not very hard to make a decent average score, and if you are in the first category you will probably not manage to pass 14 ATPL exams anyway. So I do not see much effect in those tests, as they can be presented in so many ways, with many different results. I do not like the fact that somebody have worked out mostly completly irrelevant tests to flying, to assess you. Personally I found them fun to do, as I liked the IQ style testing, but for me was more like a fun game to play.
I have tried many diffrent tests, you spend 12 months on ATPL theory, 1000 hours flying and instructing, and then you can loose out because some silly pshyco test, which mostly has no relevance to flying at all.

Also the starter "Jet salaries" are not really that great. But guess the others salaries are even worse - still for me the fun of flying has to be more than watching a monitor for 2 to 12 hours.