PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Lining up- Question for DJ and QF crew
Old 26th Nov 2008, 12:03
hoss

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
todays reading is from FCT737NG(TM) revision number:7, page 2.8, October 31,2007.

turns of 90 degrees or more

initiate the turn as the intersecting taxiway centerline (or intended exit point) approaches approximately the center of the number 3 window. Initially use approximately full nose wheel steering wheel displacement. Adjust the steering wheel input as the airplane turns to keep the nose wheels outside of the taxiway centerline, near the outside radius of the turn. Nearing turn completion, when the main gear are clear of the inside radius, gradually release the steering wheel input as the airplane lines up with the intersecting taxiway centerline or intended taxi path.

Now may God help anyone who does anything else but this, I dont know how they sleep at night.

hoss

ps. Keg, unfortunately I cannot answer your question and have spent many times wondering why some airmen do this as well. its not my thing but like many things in aviation if i put my mind/experience to it i can usually find three good points and at the same time three bad points to almost anything. i'm sure they have a valid reasoning for their technique. who knows maybe in a few years or even next week you may find yourself doing this technique with a strong view for it.

Last edited by hoss; 26th Nov 2008 at 12:36.