PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf72. Do Airbus Must Stop Their A330/a340 Fleet.
Old 26th Nov 2008, 11:13
OldChinaHand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The A330 has an excellent safety record. It is not warranted to ground the worldwide fleet due to this isolated incident. I do agree with Strongresolves point that safety has been allowed to slip in some matters of aviation past. But I do not feel this incident is in the same arena.

Daily life as a Pilot involves dealing with the unexpected, being prepared for situations and dealing with them as best you can. We rely on other professionals to service and maintain the Aircraft, prepare our flight planning and assist us in safe Navigation. But ultimately, the final decisions about flight, fall back on our plate. Commanders responsibility. We are trained to deal with known failures and problems, we use out knowledge/experience to deal with unknown/multiple failures. Thats our Job.

I am not as brave as rainboe, but I have every faith in the A330 as a safe aircraft. .

Rainboe, what are civilians? hehe. Are they the military version of Joe Public ?.