PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 26th Nov 2008, 09:57
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the problems is sometimes a lack of respect in all directions. I have seen pax acting like utter cretins who frankly should be shown the nearest exit at FL410, but as a passenger I have seen CC acting very, very badly when confronted with a simple request from a passenger.

Flying has now become a stressful way to work and travel thanks to the interminable rules and the jobsworth muppets who enforce them. Everybody needs to cut some slack, but as employees of an airline, then it is CC's duty to minimise the impact of these stresses and strains and not let them get in the way. Hard I know.

ATS, it isn't the passengers fault that just getting to work is a horrid experience and I don't really see why they should give a monkeys. It is frustrating and the fact that RYR only pay brakes on to brakes off isn't their concern either.

The showing of the boarding card can be a pain for people, especially those struggling up the steps with a small child in each arm and to the average pax it does seem daft. I would be interested to know how many people have been caught trying to get onto different aircraft by by this check?
I'll bet there really aren't that many.

No Frills airlines only need to do it because they are too stingy to use the airbridges. With an airbridge it's like herding cattle. You check the ticket/ear tag and send them down the shute. They can't go anywhere as they are hemmed in, but on the rare occasion where an airbridge has been used, there has still been the boarding pass inspection.

Rools is rools, but in this case it becomes nonsensical, if there was allocated seating and you were being directed to it, then that makes sense, but in a free for all?

Some pax need shooting, but the vast majority don't and are just trying to get on with the journey they've often paid through the nose for.

Instead of CC sniping at pax and pax sniping back, why not concentrate efforts on getting through a flight in the smoothest possible way and then write to your MP complaining about the security trolls, it's all their fault anyway!