PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview at the IAANZ in Christchurch New Zealand
Old 25th Nov 2008, 21:18
Falling_Penguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IAANZ

As an ex customer,

I have read this thread with interest since I completed my PPL there (within the aero club division) in 2001.

LukeSkyToddler makes good points and you should give consideration to these. From my own experience, researching a decent school to train with good facilities and good instruction, I ended up (I took my time, about 6 months fact finding!) at Christchurch. Far from being a sausage factory I found that there was a good spread of experience on hand to teach me well from the beginning. IAANZ benefits from a state of the art set up, lots of briefing rooms, and a large, well equipped fleet. The ethos (in 2001, mind) was good. I would like to think the strong sense of professionalism I encountered back then is still in evidence now. But you must probe further, find out the stories of others who have been there, and yes, finally appraise what LSkyTodd has to say, and make the enquiries at smaller places with links to eg para dropping because I would say he makes the better point of this whole thread.....as in - you finish training, but what then....? This has a massive effect on your future plight.

I am now flying B757, and I still remember with fondness the NZ south island, beautiful crisp winter mornings, heading off to West Melton for circuits! Hope to return some day.

Good luck in your research and keep an open mind.

FP