PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 16:49
wirefly84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HSBC loan (or lack of)

Is there anybody currently nearing the phase 4 stage of selection, who hasnt a clue how they are to fund this training programme now HSBC have withdrawn their professional studies loan. I am in the position to offer security ( a house) however there does not seem to be the framework with a secured loan from hsbc that is similar to the loans given before all the financial trouble.What i mean is 'remortgage' repayments need to be made immediatly as soon as the loan is taken out.So it is just a basic homeowner loan with no special terms being a CTC cadet. I thought if the loan was stopped it would just be the 'unsecured' side of it. Has anyone got any more info or recent dealings with banks? CTC say they are 'in talks' with other banks, anyone know any info with that? I basically need a bank to recognise CTCs training programme and offer better terms than the bog standard home owner loan! I definetly cannot start making repayments while i am commencing my training!Any info of general chat about this matter would be greatly appreciated