PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using a Zed Fare in a Third World Country?
Old 25th Nov 2008, 16:11
SherpaDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using ZED Tickets in the Motherland

I've used a ZED fare ticket to travel on Air France from London Heathrow to Lagos via Charles De Gaulle. I was able to list myself R/T at their ticket counter (they had a dedicated computer which allowed their staff/other airline employees to do their listing directly...the website had a French and English option to input your travel dates and destination...very user friendly). Once you print out your completed reservation, the counter folks will activate your standby listing and hand you your credentials to get you through security to the gate. If you make it on the flight to Africa, I would be very surprised if the folks in the Congo would question the validity of your ticket when its time to return home. Congo is kind of a hot spot right now so check travel visa requirements if you haven't already done so.

My trip on AF was a last minute one as I missed the flight on the airline I was supposed to non-rev on. I would call AF first to check the pax loads before making the journey. ID90/95/ZED tickets have been around for years and the way your reservation is coded would be a dead giveaway that it is a discounted staff ticket. I think the drama you might experience (if any) will be minimal. Good luck!

Last edited by SherpaDriver; 25th Nov 2008 at 16:45.