PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quantas jobs for UK pilots
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 14:36
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Is that what you will teach your children?

Peoples willingness to put themselves above others, even when it is not the correct thing to do does not make it correct.

I am not saying I expect that people will put anything other than themselves first. What I am saying is that they sometimes SHOULD. The fact that people rarely choose to look further than their own bank balance is the reason that this country is slowly but surely going to the dogs and being overtaken by other countries in many aspects. The values you subscribe to appear to be those of the US not the UK IMHO.

Is my view idealistic, perhaps. Will things get better, unlikely.

Does that mean that I should give up hoping that the world will become a better place where people put their country first and themselves second, no I won't. Does that mean that I should give up hope that British firms will look past their next quarter into the next decade, no I won't.

I just hope that there are enough people like me out their to bring up their children so that they will be willing to go out and fight for YOUR right to put yourself first and those who provided you with that right second.

The difference I fear will be lost on you as you now it is the end of November. People like Max tout pride of their heritage but seemingly have probably forgotten the price paid in blood to make that heritage. People like you use words like xenophobic when I fear and/or dislike no one due to thier nationality.

Will the trampling hurt? Probably but I was built such that even if I die for what I believe in then it is worth it. Luckily for you people are built like me or you wouldn't have the right to scoff and then trample....