PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 25th Nov 2008, 11:40
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G

I'm at the lower end of the scale so I can't say they'll take it up but I'll definitely suggest it. Don't ask, don't get!

As to your comments on the stress of the travelling public, I can't help but wonder why this has come about. In the UK, at least, we seem to have turned into a nation of spoilt brats. We want it all, we want it now and if we don't get it, we'll do the adult equivalent of throwing ourselves on the floor, kicking our legs about and screaming until we get it! Maybe a steady diet of reality television shows, showing passengers being, sometimes, extremely rude and getting a result from it has coloured our vision.

In the past, we accepted that sometimes, things would not go to plan and if it was down to negligence on someones part, we may even go so far as to write a stiffly worded letter. We also understood that there were going to be parts of the journey that we didn't particularly enjoy, but hey, that was life. Stiff upper lip and all that! Now we seem to have the expectation that everything will go exactly as it should and we will breeze through the airport with never a worry. That's not the reality and we are setting ourselves up for stress before we even walk through the door of the airport.

I'm not suggesting we go back to the good old days where companies, airlines and airports included, could do what the hell they liked and we'd just soldier on regardless, but we seem to have gone too far in the other direction. Certain individuals seem to think that the small, (and they are small in the great scheme of things), inconveniences they suffer excuses them from their own bad behaviour, which they then blame on stress. As I previously said, we are talking about showing a small peice of paper here. We're not asking passengers to strip at the door...yet!