PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tigers For Kids Charity
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 11:22
Peter Sound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this thread seems to have gone down hill somewhat, so lets get back to the point.

I am probably one of the few people here who actually know a lot of the facts with regards to how this 'charity' has been run. Unfortunately I wont be able to tell you all I know, as I wouldn't want to jeopardise the Charity Commissions investigation.

However, I can tell you that until earlier this year Tigers For Kids was operating out of Wickenby in Lincolnshire. The engineer at Wickenby was asked if he could do a C of A on the aircraft. When he heard about the 'charity' he was keen to get involved. Mr Matthews told the engineer that there is very little money in the charity bank account. Upon hearing this, the engineer agreed to finance things until the charity was financially stable. This included paying for all maintenance, all fuel, all insurance. In fact... Just about everything. In over a year, all the charity ever paid back was £1500. Well, Mr Matthews is stating that the charity costs £60,000 per year, so as you can imagine, the engineer is out of pocket by a considerable sum of money. This whole business about the investigation started when Adrian left the charity cheque book at Wickenby one day. This is where I cant tell you much more, but I can say that the charity has had thousands of pounds pass through it, and if I were to tell you where that money had gone, you would be horrified. Put it this way, it didn't go to help the sick children that it was supposed to help.

No doubt all this information will be disclosed in due course. Until then, I can say too much more, but believe me the above is all fact. Not heresy, not speculation... FACT

I can also tell you that the engineer at Wickenby also flew a great number of children himself, not only in the Tiger Moth, but also in his Auster when the weather was too cold to fly the tiger.