PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 25th Nov 2008, 11:06
Final 3 Greens

I will ask if this can be included in our PAs when the flight is called
Thanks for listening, much appreciated

As regards to your comments about the "airport experience", it has been quite normal for many years to hold focus groups to determine the "customer experience" with dealing with a business and to look for ways of improving that (preferably no/low) cost . I did that type of work as a management consultant for several years. )Hint, introducing a call centre with 28 different menus is not the best way )

The airport environment (particularly in the UK) has regressed from a customer experience angle for many reasons and the travelling public are more stressed than ever.

Stress manifests itself in many ways, one of which can be aggressive behaviour (in my book grumpiness is at the milder end of the spectrum, but is still aggression.)

Unfortunately, it is by no means only passengers who show this stress, for example the supervisor before the scanners at London City Airport was repreatedly shouting at people yesterday afternoon, when I passed through.

That isn't acceptable behaviour, either and I take it as a symptom of the stress generated by the whole system, as I am sure that the lady in question is quite okay away from work.