PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One-Two-Go Grounded!
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 11:02
InvestigateUdom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exposing the truth before an incident?

Pak Mike:
A number of pilots did try to expose the truth before the accident. We have the letters they wrote and the evidence they used to corroborate the claims. Their letters were addressed to Udom, to the DCA and to ICAO. Nothing was done.

I spoke with the ICAO representative stationed in Bangkok, the rep said he simply forwards any letters he receives to Witichai at the DCA. He was so casual and uninterested, I asked if he actually read the letters! (He did not say yes.)

Here are the quick notes I took after the call (the evidence I refer to in this conversation is the proof of fraudulent checkrides from Dec 2007):
I'd been specifically told to speak with Mr. Graff. What a waste of time. After listening to him tell me safety wasn't what they do, nor do they assess the airlines or the facilities or the oversight, I finally said, "Forgive me for being rude but, what is it you do *do*?"

Apparently he provides support to Vittuchai, if Vittuchai asks for it. If I send him any of the information I have, he sends it on to Vittuchai. He's happy to do that, and offered several times. I told him that was unnecessary, as Vittuchai had already collected $$ from Orient Thai on the information. (He actually laughed.)

I asked what it is ICAO does to inform the travelling public. He said we were free to go to the ICAO website, hunt thru several menu to the flight safety network exchange info, search on Thailand, read the various reports, and then make an informed decision. He managed to say all of that without laughter.

It really is amazing civilization hasn't self-destructed yet.