PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 10:54
John Purdey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinook

Brian. It will not do. You are indeed accusing the CinC of lying. I have had an acqaintance check Hansard, and he tells me that during the oral Evidence in that September, on page 148 para 437 he read this reply by Wratten to the direct question by Lord Brennan. "..it was a prerogative that Air Vice Marshal Day and I had to send it [the findings] back to the Board of Inquiry and to draw that to their attention and to say, 'Come on, you have to be more positive than this. We did not do so......"
I also have received a PM from someone who was very close to the process at the time, and he is adamant that the findings were not sent back.
Meanwhile, since Wrattens address is in the public domain, why do you not get in touch with him so that this very serious allegation can be thrashed out by your lawyers and his?
Another suggestion that you might find helpful would be to contact (now AVM) Pulford who, as you know, was President of the Board?
I very much fear, Brian, that like many other contributors to this thread you are simply adding to the general confusion. As I said a couple of years ago here...'More smoke than Krakatao; more mirrors that the Great Hall of Versailles; more red herrings than a Shanghai trawler'.
Regards. JP