PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC: too many freq swaps ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 10:50
BravoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Just for info... at Brussels the sectors aren't that large, and yes pilots have to change freq's alot... but it is due to the complexibility of the airspace... (as I imagine also valid for PARIS) 3 airports in one line, each separated by about 25 NM... Each controlled by a TOWER/APPROACH,
1 sector (That's BRUSSELS DEPARTURE) providing separation between all inbound/outbound traffic to EBAW, EBCI and between Dep's EBBR...
Not to mention the photomissions, calibrations, training flts around EBBR.

So yes, you'll take off from 25R on the freq of the TWR for the separation with an incoming B747 for BRUCARGO, yes you'll have to switch to DEP for separation with a PA46 who's climbing out of EBAW towards the south, and YES, you'll be transferred ASAP to allow you a continuous climb...
And YES if you're unlucky, you'll contact BRUSSELS CONTROL inbound NIK TOLEN next and YES if you're separated from the inboundstream KERKY-BUN you'll be transferred asap to allow you a continuous climb after FL140 ... with EHAA CONTROL...

I know it isn't interesting, all those freq changes (especially during initial climb, or other demanding phases of the flight)... If there are any Q's about BRUSSELS on this subject, just ask! I'll try to answer it ...