PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 25th Nov 2008, 10:35
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All through this thread, people are using the "airport experience" to try to excuse their rudeness or grumpiness. For pities sake, can we please stop talking about it in such dramatic terms! Yes, I'll agree that travelling through an airport nowadays is not the most fun you're ever going to have, but it hardly ranks up there with lifes most traumatic experiences. If you can't cope with showing a boarding card a few times without losing your temper, then I worry about your fitness to fly. We are, after all, talking about showing a little bit of paper at the door of the aircraft.

Yes, I do agree that it would be much better if announcements were made asking you to keep your boarding pass handy, and, having seen the views on this thread, I will ask if this can be included in our PAs when the flight is called, but it's really not a disaster if someone has put their boarding card away again. Bearing in mind they have only just put it away, it's usually close to hand. In my case, I just ask them if they would mind stepping to one side in the galley while they look for it. No fuss. No drama. And usually, no tantrums. It's not really that hard, is it?

Jsl