PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Standards....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2002, 22:35
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Boy

Settle down.... I merely used the term Qantas as a way of signifying the service that I offer on board. It is all Qantas food and amentities (or lack thereof).

Impulse may have offered a low fare network but the service on board was at least classy. The boxes we now offer pax have all the class of a soup kitchen. No pillows, blankets, magazines, newspapers etc.... was the kind of thing I was getting at. Glad to see that the blankets have made a come back.

So before passing judgements, take a step back and look at the point I was trying to make.... Generally, QF standards have dropped. Even since we started flying under the QantasLink banner things have gotten worse.

Please also note I said QF Standards and not QF Cabin Crew... There is a difference.

Oh and by the way, I am fully aware that I work for Impulse and not Mainline... I am made aware of this every day, from the attitude that we face in the terminal everyday from SOME QF FAs and even when they pax on our flights! I know I am not Short Haul as I sit in Y when I positon for duty (usually in last row between two stinky overweight men - even on VQ aircraft!) and the fact I do not have staff travel. It is attitude from people such as yourself that brings it home that I am not Mainline and also makes me glad I am not.

QF have given me an employment security and conditions I did not have when we flew under the Impulse banner and for that I am grateful. All I was saying is that standards, in terms of product, have dropped. And they have - end of story. If you think anything less... Well my friend you are simply deluded. Hypoxic perhaps :-)

Thanks mate. Email me if you have issues. I was just stating a point.

G :-)