PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2008, 09:14
sonjasun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya....well...I am actually a bit shocked as well as they didnīt tell us anything about 350 euros payment for Visa processing....not at all. Thereīs nothing in my contract either....donīt know where the info came from but I suspect that noone would even thought about joining Gulf Air if you have to pay for that. Visa is their "problem" and not ours....sorry for being a bit upset but I donīt really get it. I havenīt paid for anything yet.

My visa is ready now but unfortunately I am ill, so unable to fly at the moment and if everything goes well for me, would be on my way to Bahrain just before the New Yearīs Eve.

The only thing that is a bit strange is that everybody got a Welcoming package before visa and they sent out a Security Clearance. I got something like that from the interview...hopefully.... but last week I had a phone call from the Recruitment Team Manager asking if I want to fly out.....nothing about the fee for Visa.

It is a bit surprising.

To the salary: It is the same salary you would get in Czech airlines I guess. And...you donīt have to pay for your accommodation, transport to the airport etc. What more do you want. And of course...this is not forever, you can stay just for a couple of years....save some money, which you cannot do in the Czech at the mmt....and then come back. I would take it as an experience and maybe a bit of adventure...why not!!!