PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 25th Nov 2008, 07:46
Mr Quite Happy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I too had to wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning, drive to the apt, wait for the staff bus in the freezing cold, queue at staff channel (i don't just magically appear in the a/c), take off my coat, jacket and shoes (I'm still freezing from waiting for the staff bus), my crew bag is checked by the same security people you mentioned, my liquids are tested because of the fear i might lip gloss a pax to death, my food is searched too, when they finish with me i have to go to the crew room, sign in the system, brief my crew, sort out paperwork, make my way to the stand, get in the a/c, do the security checks and start boarding. And before you say "it's my job", well it's kinda... NOT. You see, i only get paid from take off to touchdown so technically it's not my job as i am not being paid for it.
I was going to ignore this post from you ATS as too stupid to respond to, but since you posted the “or pure evil, thick, rude and ignorant human beings?” post I thought I’d chuck it at you instead.

You wonder about people’s attitudes. I for one consider myself a most pleasant passenger, but I do see rudeness in others and so with regards to your post above. You will not understand the attitude if you do not accept that there is a difference between You – who’s job it is to deal with Grumpy people (and gets paid by them) and Them – who are paying for the privilege of flying with you and have been fcked about by the airport and airline. Honestly. We are not equal. We are not friends. We are not colleagues. We are not ‘in these difficult times together’. We are your customers. Now hang my coat up and get me a drink of water, its pills time..

There was a great study by, I think Dr Rosemary XYZ (can’t remember family name) who tried to demonstrate a lack of productivity if you took away from staff certain basics and/or luxuries. She failed to prove her theory but did prove how staff (and others) rally around to help each other in resistance to outside influences. Can anyone remember the name? It would make a good example to bring in now in more detail.