PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 24th Nov 2008, 11:44
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that grumpy pax has likely had to get up in the wee hours, endure interminable queues, been growled at by overbearing, capricious security morons and so on
And I too had to wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning, drive to the apt, wait for the staff bus in the freezing cold, queue at staff channel (i don't just magically appear in the a/c), take off my coat, jacket and shoes (I'm still freezing from waiting for the staff bus), my crew bag is checked by the same security people you mentioned, my liquids are tested because of the fear i might lip gloss a pax to death, my food is searched too, when they finish with me i have to go to the crew room, sign in the system, brief my crew, sort out paperwork, make my way to the stand, get in the a/c, do the security checks and start boarding. And before you say "it's my job", well it's kinda... NOT. You see, i only get paid from take off to touchdown so technically it's not my job as i am not being paid for it.
Yet I'm still smiling when i kindly ask for your boarding card. Why? Not only because it's company policy and i have to follow rules I haven't written (take it with them, not the CC) but because personally, i don't trust the gate staff i.e. just a few days ago i was going to PSA and a NOC pax got on board. If i wasn't to check the boarding card, it could've caused a lot of problems.

And the phrases "i just put it away" and "i just showed it to the other girl" are, probably, the most common and used phrases in the airline industry.

I simply don't understand why does it cause so much grumpiness when having to show your boarding card. It'll take 5 seconds to do so and it's part of your agreement with the airline (i really wish people would read Terms&Conditions; trust me, it's all there)

Rgds,
ATS