PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearances for VFR in ADF control zones
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2008, 10:08
DBTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sms777

Earlier I said
it begins
In my explanation to you I talked about hijackers and now you are doing it with emotive talk.

Because i respect the system that has been working for me, i have nice manners, fly by the book and most importantly.... I do not rock the boat!...
Good for you

I think Jabawocky was right to get the conversation going. You have a view everything is going well, others don't.

I do not give a rats @ss about the UK/US system because i am an Australian pilot flying in Australian airspace and like many others proven in their previous posts...it has been working for us.
Whilst a very honest perspective, you are clearly quite blinkered and you leave us in no doubt that you are uncomfortable with the thought things might change.

In my experience, fear of change and quiet complacency are amongst the most dangerous of traits for a pilot to admit to, especially when voiced in the name of safety. You may have other issues to bring up so killing the discussion now serves no purpose. Please may you enjoy your occasional military airspace transits, but let the conversation continue without inflamatory comment.