PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Pilot Strike - where's the news?
Old 24th Nov 2008, 07:42
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concerning the French pilot's Retirement funds you have to know that you cannot work as a pilot in an other state and be paid from the fund at the same time even if you have got your full rights.
Which is still being done as I speak. Cheating being a national sport here. I hear on a daily basis of retired pilots collecting their pension while working for some dogy outfits that pay them peanut ( Vuelling in this particular case ). The flip coin of cheating is.............wistle blowing which has happened to a couple of guys who had to make up their mind, flying or retirering. What would you know, suddenly working for peanut didn't make sense to them anymore with their income amputated of their pension.
Before you fly off the handle in outrage, do bear in mind this is a collective fund where the working generation pays for the retired. If the later chooses to work longer, why should the younger bust their toush to give them money ??? Surely, this makes sense even to the most free market oriented individual. It is not as if you had saved a lump sum and walked away with it which would be your business and nobody else's.

There is no CRPN police roaming the world to catch those who are STILL cheating the system. Mind you, from what I hear, you just have to go to XL airways to find some of those gents, right here in CDG.
They'd better have not accident or just taxi into the grass as they'd end up right in court, probably having to pay everything back. What to say of liability.
Ausraliancalou, sadly, your comments are right on the money. What amazes me though is, Amsterdam being some 500km away from Paris, not one journo bothered to inquired about other airlines. Talk of brainwash !!