PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearances for VFR in ADF control zones
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2008, 04:32
No Further Requirements

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick, are you saying that the USA does things their own way to suit their unique circumstances and doesn't follow other country's procedures? Hmmmmm.....

I still don't accept that by providing specific example of people getting delayed and going on about 'it's the controllers making it difficult - they won't change their practices' helps anyone.

Imagine you bought a 747, and then circled around a yelling at the marshaller at a heliport to hurry up and provide a landing area for your jet. I'm sure he'd love to have a 10,000ft runway, but there isn't one yet and yelling at the marshaller is not going to achieve anything.

Same with this - controllers are not opposed to change. What we are opposed to is quickly implemented changes without proper resources which jeopardises our ability to safely do our job. You can't just reclassify all the airspace to a lower level without first providing the equipment, and more importantly, the people, to do the job.

Dick - what is different in Class C in North America versus Australia? I am genuinely interested.

Cheers,

NFR.