PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tigers For Kids Charity
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 23:27
Fiona Mont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you all talking about

She was called Huffy, G-AHUF.

Not my thing, I don't actually like flying, I'm frightened of flying, more so for having hung out with pilots down at Shoreham and listening to the details of what can go wrong.

It was never my world and never my thing but I understood and saw the passion in their talk and their hearts. Rivalry about fixed wing or rotary, tail draggers or nose wheel. Most of them were skint, most scraped what they could together and flew an hour maybe two a month if they were lucky. The rest of the time they were in the bar chatting endlessly about their experiences and opinions.

But all the time I sat and listened to them I wondered how many of them had really ever felt complete and utter depravation, or even experience starvation or poverty, how lucky they all were to have the luxury to sit and complain about so many trivial things.

One night down the bar there were a load of pilots and others slating the character of someone who'd been in the newspapers 'He did it all right' 'Serves him right, he gets what he deserves.'. This was before my departure, before my arrest. I told them all not to judge and not to believe what they read in the newspapers about someone. I somewhat silenced the bar and I could see they didn't have a clue.

I don't like Adrian, he owes me several apologies and one big fat favour. But he told me he had cancer and the fear of his life being shortened may have made him do things he wouldn't have ordinarily, I have to give him that.

Those kids would probably give anything to have a go in anything, probably love to have a go with a top of the range remote control aeroplane and here you all are bickering about what's better, tail wheel or nose, well as a non-aviator I've heard it all before. You are all so lucky, so, so lucky to have the chance to have a hobby that you love that is so elite whatever the aircraft, could you not unite and share it for once.

When my husband agreed to run away with me he knew that he would be giving up aviation, his flying club, and so he did and I am so proud of him for having done that in the name of love. I wish I had the money to pay for him to fly again but I don't, or find a way to pay him back for all that he has sacrificed for me, but I can't. He says he's not bothered but I still feel bad about it.

Whatever kind of **** Adrian is he let them go up in Huffy, how many others on here will now offer their planes for use to those kids.