PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Services Priorities
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 20:35
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prunezeuss......I agree with your post and that if anything is going to be done to reverse a situation that has taken years to achieve it is a huge task.I also agree with you that sniping with each other serves no purpose and that everyone regardless of where they work in aviation has the right to post and put their point of view forward.I just got carried away because some are not as honest as others about where they work and I think hide an agenda....sorry moderators and thanks for your patience.

Back to the thread.....Unfortunately,this sort of leadership or management is endemic throughout the company.I used to wonder how it was allowed to happen because I believe it is counter productive especially in a service industry.However,whether it was by design or neglect it will be a monumental job to reverse.

Speedbird is right and insisting that everything that was said should be recorded on paper is a good idea.Another idea I always found successful was to insist that the manager include his/her name,staff number and position 'CURRENTLY' held with the company.....with the emphasis on the word currently.Also smile when you say the last sentence....

As was mentioned it is a great form of passive resistance.