PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAE Flight Academy: Students' feedback please!
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 12:00
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their integrated course (now GCAA approved) was actually modeled on existing integrated ATP(a) criteria found in Subpart D of JAR-FCL1. The completed curriculum of training at DAE will actually surpasses JAR training requirements by approximately 20-30%.
The problem is that I don't think they will issue you with a JAR license... so I don't really get the point of working harder than for a JAR license if it's only to get a GCAA one (which you can easily obtain by validating a US license...).
I would instead recommend to get a JAR CPL-IR...because I'm not sure the GCAA CPL-IR would be helpful in Europe.

All powerplants have climatic restrictions on both ends of their 'operational' ranges.
You wouldn't fly a C172 in -20°C temperatures without a winterization kit installed would you?
I don't think DAE is gonna install air conditioning units in front of their Eclipses engines air intakes. What is the point in investing in ISA+10 flat rated low thrust engines when you can get something working fine at higher temps ?

SilverR5 you're right but I think this interesting conversation is also related to the academy...