PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The appalling ignorance of Journalists....
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 07:38
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mike, thanks for that but I confirm every word I said was true. We had the briefing from him and his editor in April at Brampton. His defence was that it was a 'feature' and not news.

I realise, as you say, that that might be a rare event. You say you know of only one instance. Well that must have been the 'journalist' of the New York Times that was found to fabric articles as if he had been there.

Then there was that Pulitzer photograph of the young Vietnam girl running naked from a mis-directed US air strike. Except it was a Vietnamese scripted fire-power demo that went slightly wrong. One clue is the casual nature of the two Vietnamese soldiers strolling away from the explosion. Another clue is if you examine the images on the web. The impact from the one that is closest cropped supports the story. The one that is nearest to full frame another.

{deleted}

There are Walts who say they have been in the military and I am sure there are equivalents in journalism.

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 23rd Nov 2008 at 15:41.