PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearances for VFR in ADF control zones
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 05:33
Super Cecil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had trouble with both Willy and Amberly. Have been held at Nobby's? in a rough as guts 40 knot westerly, I was tracking northbound at 500' over water, that was a year or so ago. There was no other traffic on Willy approach.

A month or so ago I was held for half an hour outside Amberly, I was trying to operate about ten miles to the north of AMB up to 500' above ground. AMB were notified the day before, I was told on the phone half an hour before I took off AMB was not active then as I approached I called anyway and was told to hold. There were two 111's landed after the half hour holding then AMB shut down, I had a transponder with appropriate or allocated code. I was no threat to inbound traffic and was operating 1500' below their path.

A couple of years ago I was diverted around Nowra, it was early (befor nine am) on a weekday, there was also no other traffic on the frequency. I was tracking northbound over water at 500.
I have been through military maybe six times in the last couple of years, I avoid them if I possibly can.