PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Services Priorities
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 04:29
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey lobey great to see you back mate and I laughed when I saw your point about it being quiet in the office.
It must be a sluggish in the fishbowl today.I bet they even managed to finish the Sunday papers and chuck a few clause 11's around as well.I gotta laugh about the story twiggsy girl puts out about blaming OH&S and crew rest for the idea pax have of fewer crew with us.
The reason twiggsy girl is that there are less crew.
Arguing that we can't provide as good a service as our competitors because we have less crew is pointless exercise.
Only the office would say that twiggsy because it would mean admitting they are wrong.
Simple questions Twiggsy girl.
1: DO other airlines on our runs have more crew than we do or not?
2: Since we all know the answer is yes then DO the pax see more crew in the cabin than with us?
3: DO the pax get drinks faster,meals quicker,call bells answered faster because they have more crew in the cabin?
YES,YES & YES because it's hard to go head to head with a competitor with more players.It would be like a football team fielding a game with a few players less than the opposition.The coach keeps coming up with ideas to make it look like you have as many players as the other team but all the people in the grandstand can see whats going on.
No one is being fooled by the antics of the office twiggs and as someone else said your on a hiding to nothing if you keep trying to shift the attention away from this.
justify having a bad attitude just because management are telling us to put a badge in a particular position is insane.
Nobody is saying that crew have a bad attitude because of bad management although it's good to see you admit the management is bad.What we are saying is that crew would be in a better frame of mind if they were not hounded by the office goons for some insignificant detail.If you think the pax are worried or even notice a name badge a cm or 2 different to the runway guide you are deluded.
Years ago the crew I was on swapped name badges with the girls wearing the boys badges and so on.Not one pax noticed or said anything which say's it all.But you and the rest of the office would have stood us all down and given us clause 11's for having fun.
It's also typical of you and other office types to jump in and say our crew have a bad attitiude.
although our hard product will never be as good as our competitors.
Why is that twiggsy girl? why can't it be?
consequently we are less able to satisfy individual passenger requests, which is why the impression of unavailibilty is felt.
No,although a 4 hour saga in y/c is bad for the pax because they really want to just get their food and go to sleep or watch a movie instead of waiting a million years between a drink and a meal and then a cuppa.
The real problem about the impression of more crew on other airlines is that there are more of them on other airlines ,pure and simple and yes insane as you put it.