PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anotther QANTAS CC Thread
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 02:49
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to Indamiddle....

....further to Indamiddle's post.....they are asking for LH to take up temporary part time for F/A and OBM from BP 262 for 3, 6, 9 or 12 bid periods.

I don't get it either....they go ahead and yank much needed crew from SH and send them off to LH and then have the nerve to offer LH crew temporary part time???????

When questioned about it on Crew Voice (as to how the company can consider CR on the one hand, and start recruiting for New Entity in January 2009 on the other), Alison said that "we have an oversupply of EBA 7 crew". So regardless of what the IR laws are etc., the company can do as they please in relation to getting rid of crew via CR and then employing people into the new entity.

The FAAA can embark on a PR campaign to highlight this 'travesty' until it goes blue in the face....but frankly, I think in this day and age when other companies are facing staff cut backs and the economy going the way it is around the world.....I think the FAAA's PR campaign would fall on very, very unsympathetic ears of the public.

A lot of companies have announced CR across the globe...why should Qantas and its employees be immune to it? I'm not being cantankerous here....just being honest and calling a spade a spade. If global banks can get rid of its highly skilled and tertiary educated workforce....why should Qantas not be able to get rid of its (relative to other professions) lowly skilled workers...F/As? Once again...I'm not stirring the pot....just trying to be realistic and seeing things from a corporate perspective and not through the rosy eyes of FAAA or (some righteous) F/As .