PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearances for VFR in ADF control zones
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 20:57
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clearances for VFR in ADF control zones

We have seen a fair bit of debate lately regarding certain military controlled airspace, and without this one being trashed would those who use these zones like to comment on the variations and acceptability of the clearances given or rejected at the various zones around Australia.

Assuming there is a real problem at Willy, lets compare this to the others, and mainly those in busier areas around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Townsville or Darwin. Yes Sherger does not count! See if there really is a REAL problem or not.

Do not bring in garbage about recent bad wx decissions ending in prangs, just real world experience.

I have thought about this a bit over the last day or so, and even wonder if places like around Willy are more a problem in a faster machine as you have little time to deal with everything? A bit like departure from YBAF heading west!

BTW..... None of the Mil zones I have been through have ever given me a problem, of course that has not included the one north of Sydney. None of these should be too scary for a new PPL or an older infrequent flyer.

J

Good work so far keep it up! Any newbies feel free to comment.

Last edited by Jabawocky; 23rd Nov 2008 at 00:03. Reason: improving the topic content