PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreamfleet 2000 737-400?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2002, 13:37
G-BPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Cool Blue,

I've used this for a while now, and on the whole I think it gives a good representation of "the real thing"- I don't fly 737's (or anything in fact) but I did have a jumpseat in a 'Go' one last year (what inspired me to buy the thing in fact.. not the plane, the software ) and from what I saw in there, I would say it was a good buy.

I'm not sure what you mean about the views.. there are cockpit views, a landing view (just autopilot and windshield) and all the normal passenger views. I don't know if you can resize the instruments, to my knowledge I don't think you can, but don't take my word for it, there may be a way.

What crispy banana said about the FMC needing getting used to is true... if you have used similar addons in the past such as 767PIC, or have Boeing experience, you should find its operation similar, but it can sometimes be a little sluggish in FS2002. What happens is, when you install the program, a copy of the FMC will appear on your desktop, and you can run it outside FS2002 without having FS running. Here, it is lightning quick. But once loaded into FS, when you try to do anything with it, in my experience (and note that my machine is not exactly top notch) there is about a second or so delay, 1.5 seconds at worst- sometimes it is much better than that with no delay noticable at all, particularly if you have good frame rates.

If you are interested in the aesthtical side of things, there are loads of liveries free on the net too. Like I say, I can't really comment on it's accuracy, but that's my tuppence worth

All the best
G-BPEC

Last edited by G-BPEC; 3rd Apr 2002 at 15:19.