PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAE Flight Academy: Students' feedback please!
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 17:15
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I will elaborate little bit more.

Like any other aircraft the Eclipse will have to face the demanding climatic conditions of the region. Have a look at its performances and tell me if you would recommend it for multi-engine training (N-1 operations).

Now the second issue concerns the current situation of the manufacturer. Some serious aviation consultants seems convinced the production will stop within 6 months as it will probably face similar bankruptcy problems as Adams and Grob. While Cessna & Embraer can afford to develop such products thanks to their strong experience and wide product range (balancing development costs), developing a full production of a new jet aircraft was quite a tough challenge. With all respect to these ambitious developpers, their unrealistic vision of the situation, encouraged by enthusiastic (and irresponsible) operators lead them to a dead end.
Day Jet sold 28 of its Eclipse for $500k each while the manufacturer had to adjust its prices by almost 1 Million USD. In the meantime the Turkish MyJet is having 200% trust in this program and orders 120 aircrafts for its air taxi program...

The VLJ industry is suffering from a highly speculative marketing just like the real estate industry in the UAE. The ending will probably be similar as all the actors prefers to keep denying the reality while the curtain is closing. There must be one very happy guy who enjoyed loads of commissions by recommending this machine in the Middle East but I wouldn't like to be one of the buyers.

Once again it's only my personnal point of view. I would have recommended turboprops for a flight academy due to much higher flat ratings in hot climate and lower fuel consumptions. I guess no other flight academy in the world made a similar decision... it must mean something.