PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 15:54
eglnyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am astounded you have not picked my post to pieces yet, is there any chance, however small, you might actually agree with a miniscule part of my account of what will likely happen ?
As this ground was covered several hundred posts ago I didn't think there was any point. Nobody knows what would happen in that circumstance so your post is as possible as any that I could make. I know what the legislation says and that is contained in the previous posts but what will actually happen will depend upon what the Government decides to do and anybody who claims to know that is only guessing.

I accept that the industrial action option might be attractive for controllers. For others I think it would be a different matter and many of us would lose our jobs. That has a far worse effect on my pension than even the most optimistic RPI + pay rise in the modeller.

My opinion is that the Government has turned NATS staff over several times since 1997 so I'm not relying on them to save my pension or my job.