PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impacted ear wax
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 11:47
gingernut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
after taking my blood pressure and asking me how much I smoked (WTF has that to do with the price of fish??)
In the old days, you used to go along to the hard working quack with a problem, (which usually would get better on its own anyway), the quack would prescribe some or other poison, the problem got better anyway, you were happy 'cos you think the poison cured you, and the quack was happy 'cos he though he'd cured you.

In the mean time, at the other end of the spectrum, poor granny was in hospital with MRSA/C-Dif as a result of too much of the poison circulating in the community. (Although the farmers are also partly to blame.)

Someone then realised that the quack could actually do something useful. (Him telling you to stop smoking increases quit rate from 1% to 5% per year, controlling blood pressure may stop you dropping dead at an early age).

He's in quite a powerful position-the average bloke see's their quack 3 times a year, why not get him doing something useful. Now he's working hard and smart.

Well you did ask.