PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAVs and King Airs for Army & RAF.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 11:02
Jackonicko

Received 61 Likes on 12 Posts
Squirrel,

Good morning to you, too.

It's officially confirmed that the Nimrod R.Mk 1 is operated by No.51 Squadron, RAF, based at RAF Waddington, and operating in the Signals Intelligence role.

That's two more pieces of information (squadron number and role) than is being asked about the King Airs.

And none of it is "operational information that could be of assistance to the opposition."

I'll submit a FOIA (that will take the best part of a month to answer) when I have something worthwhile to ask. Every FOIA request generates work for over-pressed blue-suiters and civil servants on the IPTs and elsewhere, and firing them off in large numbers is poor form, in my view.

And when all one is asking is "RAF or Army?" It seems lunacy to waste people's time. Especially when you have a fair old idea that you know the answer, and are merely seeking confirmation.

(Probable A: A new Flight of No.5 (AC) Squadron at Waddington (except when deployed), commanded by an RAF Squadron leader, but manned by tri-service personnel, and with No.56 acting as the OEU).