PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 08:28
FDP_Walla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slider.

You seem suprised by the responses, so here is how ifelt when reading you post.

Having studied Maths”
Appear to start off on a Pedestal. Don’t need to study maths in my humble opinion, rather politics, business and history.

“Yes it will have affected the pension but not on the scale some people are saying.”

Quite possible to reduce our pension from 2/3 to ½ in >10 years even given an average of RPI +/- 0% in that time. If you havnt figured that one out then PM me or see my previous post.

“If however you have proof that the pension holiday has led to the huge defecit we now seem to have then please post it on NATSNET for all to see. As yet no one has shown me numbers that seem to add up.”

Contributed to the deficit and the paying back of loans early show the respect MGT have fro the fund.

“Also everyone seems to forget all the nice pay rises that have been negotiated that all add to the underlying cost of the pension. Our own greed it would seem has also contributed to the current situation.”

In the last 3 years my pay rise has been .25% above RPI. For that I do the work of 3 people and work 85 miles away from my kids. This is the norm in my dept. You call this greed and then expect people not to be upset. This at a time of record growth in the industry.

“We also seem to have the odd rant about our T& C's, compared to nurses/police/armed forces and hundreds of other lower paid workers out there”

This one really gets my goat. Other low paid worker eh! Was this same argument put to PB fro his recent 14% rise? I was in the forces and it is not low paid.

“As for the comments about Barron and his Aston/bonuses. I hate the bonus culture NATS has for management, but until someone provides me with proof that Barron has these written into his contract I think we should refrain from making comment. It is after all a free country and he can buy whatever car he wants with his salary/allowances. “

And we are free to comment. Don’t like the use of the word ‘refrain’.

“We have a well paid job with plenty of time off and you can hardly complain about being overworked for 8 hours a day. How many people think we will get public sympathy for going on strike over a reasonably good pension deal. Sure we all stand to lose a little but I personally think it is better than losing the lot.”

Like railtrack employees did eh!. People are standing up fro what was been promised years ago and accepted by our part-owners, probably before you joined.

“I am not management or involved with the union, just someone who would like a pot to P$$$ in when I retire. I think we should vote on the issue not Barrons bonus/car or whether we like him as a CEO.”

Barons car is a symbol of the greed of modern day MGRS who will raid whatever there is to feather there own nest. I suspect most of the people posting on here were in NATS before PB and will be in NATS post PB. If they don’t like personally, then that is only related to his role as CEO and how it affects them. I would risk a larger slice of my pension rather than lie down and have my belly tickled fro Execs to ‘improve the financial health’ of the company which equates to futher my own financial health. That is a personal opinion.