PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Salary
Thread: Air Asia Salary
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 07:59
ExMedevac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's put it another way: You are a well established F/O, minding your own business doing the best job you can, getting a decent pay and generally decent conditions. How would you like it if suddenly you were rostered to fly a lot less and subsequently found out there are a number of new "F/O's" who are doing the same job you were doing last week and PAYING the company to do it?

Think about it. Right now you're thinking, yeah, this guy already has a job, what does he care? I'll worry about it when I'll be in his shoes. Believe me, if this trend keeps up, that day is coming for you. It came for me and it is NOT pretty.

But wait, it gets better. What do you think is going to happen next? Maybe you're getting up there in hours and this shrewd company is going to finally offer you a Commander's upgrade, that coveted fourth stripe, your DREAM dream job. But, alas, there's a catch. You have to PAY for it, maybe a little, maybe a lot. The point is, if you do it, you will be taking the place of another captain minding his own business. And one day, what comes around goes around, and you too will find yourself a captain suddenly rostered to fly a lot less. Care to guess why?

When is the vicious circle going to stop? never, unless it doesn't start in the first place.