PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Pilot' is it possible?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 01:34
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again,

I am currently doing my Instrument Rating, so not the best time for sure, but I'll stretch it as far as I can, and go really slow on the CPL.

I'm doing it modular btw.

The nicest thing you could do is look around, see what options you have, don't buy into everything, and make sure you go the way YOU want, not the one everybody tells you to.

Don't let grumpy people (there's a few around these boards, I heard ) bring you down, be passionate about your goals and work towards them.

Oh, and network as much as you can. Maybe even eye towards getting a part-time job in aviation, for example in a FBO, or with a small air ambulance operator.

I'm not sure if it's a fair game, but the truth is, this business is all about who you know. If that chief pilot at the air ambulance company knows this or that office worker is gearing towards his ATPL, you can be sure to be on top of the recruitment list............!

Get to know people, talk and get yourself as prepared as you can. And take it easy, flight training is a great deal of fun, too...despite all the money spent