PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS imposter rumbled
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 01:23
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I scanned through the Oz imposter's site with some trepidation, half expecting to find my own name there, for some could be forgiven for thinking me a Walt thanks to our old mates, the journos.

I submitted a piece on Anzac Day to an Oz newspaper one April, written in the third person, where a veteran of a much later war visits Anzac Cove for the 25th April celbrations and "sees" the ghosts of the veterans of WW1 and of wars a lot older than that, more or less trying to point out that wars have been with us since the year dot and it wasn't likely that was ever going to change. (Anyone interested, [I'm sure there are none], will find said piece in its original form buried very deeply in the Ppprune archives.)

Only problem was, the newspaper, without consulting moi, changed the piece to the first person and published it with me apparently giving myself a service history I do not and have never claimed to possess. I went ballistic when I saw what they published, but St Augustine and his pillow full of feathers comes to mind - once you've scattered them in the streets, you're never going to get 'em all back, and I'm sure there are a few out there who are convinced I was pulling a Walt in apparently saying I'd done things they know I never did.