PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cheap flying schools
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2008, 23:08
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From trial lesson to flight airline flight deck it will cost you circa £120k hard cash (inc type rating).
....this figure is out of the world, and only arises if you go to the top integrated outfit plus buy a 20K type rating.

You can nicely get it done with half the money.

The UK training is excellent with busy airspace, more radio requirements and more in depth instruction. The down sides are a, the weather and b, the costs. It can cost £5k-£12k depending on the school.
So you are saying the UK airspace is so much busier than in Florida or SoCal? Ever looked at a Dallas sectional chart??? Pls google it. And who says instruction in the UK is better than elsewhere? That's bull**** that was sold to you.
That's the major problem already, don't fetch out the cash on a JAA PPL. Go to the US and get a FAA PPL. It's harder to get (oral exam etc), but will be a lot more rewarding imo.

The best part about the US is fly all you want, pay no landing fees, and enjoy flying on exactly the same type of aircraft than one in Europe for less than half the price.

12K Pounds for a JAA PPL is NUTS!!!!! There's enough Class B and C airspaces in the US as well, and I spent a total of 3000 US DOLLARS ( about 1,5k Pounds, my guess? ) on my PPL. Prices in ol' Europe are insane

edit: God darn spelling....