PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Nov 2008, 22:48
slam dunk 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no problem for you

hi my friend,

I was in doha november 2007. had a 2 day selection there. first day paper pencil stuff and interview. passed that day and was invited the next day for the sim. a320 as well. we had a cool checker who changed the assinged profile for that day. i mean we received briefing douments home, but at the sim day he changed the whole procedure.

we all flew one visual traffic pattern with a landing. followed by a t/o with engine failure. use of a/t and a/p was allowed. as well a visual pattern. go arround and full stop landing.

we all were non airbus rated pilots. 1 md11, 1b737 and one cool atr72 guy. as far as i know, only the atr72 guy made it.

you as a rated will most probably fly with rated guys. just stick to your own procedures! a very imported thing is, to be esteblished at 1000feet. config. and checklist completed!!!

the rest is easy! they need a lot of people. since you are rated you will have no problems to handle the sim!

The only problem might be your personal behaviour and your attitude!

ciao